Random Comments
Hi all!I've been absent from the blogging world for a while, and felt it time to make a re-appearance. Basically, I'm still on break, and haven't been doing a whole heck of a lot, so there wasn't much to tell. Now there is, however, so I shall post. Ready? Here we go.
So I went with to sections and state for LD. Highlights (no particular order):
So I went with to sections and state for LD. Highlights (no particular order):
1. Steph debating in jeans at sections after finding out Sonya had a kidney infection. Bigger plus: she was only 3.2 speaker points behind Katlyn Korynta, and almost made it to state.
2. Brian making it to state as a freshman. Awesome? Yes.
3. Making t-shirts with Brian's picture on them for the state tournament. Basically, everyone from Brainerd had one. It rocked.
4. Playing Rummy during down time, and scaring the crap out of the two Alex debaters. Apparently they don't tell their coach he sucks for picking up the card they need. Who knew?
5. Korynta saying that giving women the right to vote caused the Great Depression. Wow.
6. Steph telling me a line of questioning that took out the state champ's criterion. People had better watch out. If she uses her powers for evil, we're all screwed. Well, maybe I'm not, but I don't want to be her first ex-boyfriend...
7. ...who, according to some old guy who hit on her at the pool in the hotel, is Brian. "You're one lucky man," he told Brian. To which Brian replied, "Oh look! Pizza's here!" and the two of them nearly ran out of the pool area.
Random other highlights of my last week or so:
1. Buying a leather jacket with a quilted lining yesterday at Target. Original price: $120. Rianna paid: $30. That's right. I got a leather jacket for $30. And it's adorable.
2. Finishing the drop stitch scarf I was knitting for my aunt. One more hat, and my mom and I have gifts for their whole family. Which is good, because we're meeting themon Wednesday.
3. Hamline getting my tuition check, which means I did not get dinged roughly $500. That's always a plus.
4. Discovering the wonderful music of Chris Daughtry. Why did no one tell me he existed sooner? I'm pretty much in love with the song "Over You." Go to youtube and find it. It's amazing.
5. Buying a MN lottery ticket with my mom on Saturday. We didn't win, but it was the first time either of us had played the lottery. Are you happy Kubas? I gambled!
Random creepy thing: This lady keeps calling my phone asking for her grandaughter Hannah. I've tried everything to get it through her head that my cell is not her grandaughter's number, but she just doesn't get it. One time she left her e-mail address on my voice mail, so I even e-mailed her, and she just keeps calling back. The problem: she's getting increasingly pissed off at Hannah for not calling her back. She even gave the number to Hannah's aunt, and I got a stern message from her on my voice mail last night. I'm going to call her tonight and see if she can talk to grandma. Poor Hannah is going to get chewed out for something she probably didn't do.
I'm think that's about all. I go back to school next week Monday, where I start an awesome class load. Other than that, I've been chillin out with the dog and knitting.
Happy Monday everyone!
Serena: Oh my God! I almost forgot to tell you!
Elle: What?
Serena: I got bangs! My hair is so now!
Here's a picture:
Picture courtesy of Kara. Thanks Kara!


2 Comments:
Please tell me you know that he went 3-3. Because he did! I found out yesterday and was happy for a good portion of the afternoon. Then I told Deebs this morning and I know it made his morning better too. The thing is, you tell other people this and they just don't get it. I came out and told my mom, and she's just like... great...
Didn't that little bit of news from the Alex debaters surprise you? I mean, seriously, that was a clean game for us. And what kind of relationship do you have with a person if you can't tell them they suck? Obviously not a good one...
Oh! A new jacket! I must see this before you leave!
At least you know that Hannah is really real now. And I'd call her aunt and explain things to her because grandma obviously doesn't get it. You would think between you, myself and Deebs someone would have gotten through to this person.
Yes! I did know. Brian called me after the tournament. I was pumped!
Post a Comment
<< Home