Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Okay, okay, okay...geez!

I'm posting! Stop harrasing me! Just kidding, I know it's been forever. Truth be told, there's not much to write that most ofyou don't already know. I've been in Brainerd since mid December, and will be until the end of January. Hence, I have watched a lot of TV, andhave done stuff I don't usually get to. My post today will be dedicated to that.

Let's start with TV. House. I love it. I've beencatching up on Gilmore Girls. It's on every day at 10. did anyone else know that? I didn't. Apparently Rory and Lorelai egged Jess's car. Who knew? Full House is on before Gilmore Girls. It's really kind of funny to see what they wore. Honestly, who approved hair 3 feet high? That should never have been allowed. There should be a law preventing it from ever happening again. I'm serious. This leads me to my next activity.

I've been catchingup on being a college girl (Gasp here). I went shopping. Twice. I bought 6 different shirts, a pair of gaucho pants, and a pair of high heeled boots (they're brown, and scrunch at the bottom. I love them. I can't wear them yet, but I love them.). I've been experimenting with hairstyles, and make-up. I'm considering bangs (thoughts? please discuss.). To top it all off, my sister has been filling me in on all the hot songs/artists/actors. Yep, I'm a little overloaded with girly-ness right now. To keep myself grounded, I've been doing intellectual stuff. Moving on.

I've been stopping in at debate practice. I love it. I'm still addicted. This may be a bit sick, but that's ok. This weekend, I may be going to sections. I hope I can, and if I do,I'll write about it. It's great to be on the coaching end of things. "Rianna," you ask. "What have you been doing to nurture the artisticside of your personality?" Well, let me tell you.

I knit. So far this break I've knit a hat, a pair of mittens, andI'm working on an illusion scarf. An alien illusion scarf. When you look at it strait on, it looks like a striped scarf. Tip it to the side, and an alien appears. It's super cool. I just found my passion for knitting recently, and now I'm obsessed. This counters my college girly-ness. Speaking of small children...

...I've been volunteering at Baxter Elementry. This is fun. One little girl I was working with stood up in the middle of math time, hitched up her pants and yelled, "Rianna! I'm skinny!" This is funny because she's a first grader and because she's a short, round, Hawaiian girl. She basically is Lilo. "Hey!" you're wondering. "Have you seen any good movies lately?"

No. Not new ones anyway.

Sarah, how was Vegas/Texas? How is James? Did you see LaShomb? How are you? I have your Christmas gift. I need to get it to you.

Sara, I'll see you at some point this week I'm sure!

Kara, I'll see you tomorrow.

Crystal, Hi! How's college?

Everyone else, leave me a note. Ask me a question. In my spare time I'll answer.

5 Comments:

At January 09, 2007 11:33 PM, Blogger Kelsi said...

Hmm. I saw you in the hall twice, yet I am strangely unsatisfied with that constituting my "rianna time" for this year.

I'm up for basically anything...next week. On Sunday. Maybe. Damn Niemi homework!

 
At January 10, 2007 8:46 PM, Blogger Elfie said...

Oh Rianna! I'm already back at college...so I highly doubt I will be seeing you this week!

 
At January 11, 2007 9:58 PM, Blogger Shelty said...

I want to see Rianna!
I miss you! I especially noticed how much I miss both you and Sarah at the KB meet today. I'm used to eating lunch with you guys between rounds... Obviously I didn't today! *cries quietly in corner*

 
At January 13, 2007 4:24 PM, Blogger Rianna said...

Oh, poor Michelle!

 
At January 13, 2007 4:25 PM, Blogger Rianna said...

Oh, poor Michelle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home