Busy weekends and all that fun stuff
... And Palo Alto is somewhere in the Southwest so it has more Spanish speakers than Minnesota.Source
Advice to everyone: Ignoring sinus infections and not getting any sleep builds up to nausea and burnout. So, I suggest not doing that, because that happened on Saturday morning about fifteen minutes before rounds started at JV/Novi State. Instead of debating, I slept, watched rounds and just kind of talked on Saturday. However, Sara and Garrett finished second in JV and Steph and Chelsea finished fifth in Novi (not bad considering all they knew about the topic was what Sara and I told them the night before) and Chelsea was third in speaker points. Oh, I love my novi!
Despite trying our hardest, we managed to arrive back in Brainerd around nine and in enough time for some people to attend Christmas Ball; but of course, one only attends like that if they're masochistic. The romantic dinner that night consisted of the lovely date couple sitting at opposite tables while one admitted that they should go so they don't end up accidentally marrying someone someday.
However, free from Christmas Ball obligations, I headed over to Crystal's for her "party." And I'll define "party" as Crystal and her parents sitting on the couch eating chocolate pounding and watching "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." So, Crystal and I watched that until nearly the end before going out to rent "The Devil Wears Prada" (Really good, and oh, how I love Stanley Tucci) and "21 Grams." Speaking of "21 Grams," we should watch that some time this week... Kara's thinking Thursday night.
Around midnight, we finished "The Devil Wears Prada" and they sat around to see if Arielle or Logan was going to show up. They never did, and I finally went to bed around one twenty and woke up this morning all by myself as Crystal and her parents were going to see the Vikings game around 8:30 and around 9:15 I went back to bed until 11, before I went to Caribou to meet my Lang group to have it all finished for tomorrow. I arrived home around one and kind of crashed on the couch until Mom arrived home and now I'm contemplating my Lang homework, which I'm thinking I'll do most of tonight and finish up tomorrow morning.
Anyway, great weekend. I totally suggest a Debate tournament without Pritschet; it's so relaxing and fun. Not that I don't enjoy Pritschet, but some times it's really nice not to have to worry about all that energy.
Plus, this week should be a blast. I'm very much looking forward to it; hee, busy week with lots of different things to do.

7 Comments:
Thursday night would be good. and you should call me so I can tell you what I bought today. :D I went clothes shopping. I still love NY & Co.
Go ahead and say it
You hate pritschet.
I don't hate Pritschet.
We're just very different. And Pritschet in Debate is a very different creature than Pritschet anywhere else.
Those who happened to have accidental dates to Christmas ball wish you to know that they had a wonderful time laughing and dancing and spilling light and sodapop all over the tables. She also wishes you to know that she did dance with him, and that she taught him a very lovely box step, ball change, and turn. She says he probably learned more about formal ballroom dancing in those two minutes than he has in his entire life, thus the evening went to no waste. Also, she says that wearing Audry Hepburn gloves and filling up a memory disk on her camera were more fun than she has had since who-knows-when. She also wants you to know that she is married to her work. And if worst comes to worst, she's marrying her publisher. So bah! :P
Yay! Although, seriously, was it worth all of that anxiety up until that point? Because think how much simpler it would have been if you had just said no?
That's life! That's the way the world turns! So what, this happens, that happens, enjoy it! "What ifs" are for those who are too afraid of "What nows." I am glad I went, I am happy I stayed, and no, Kara, I will not say, nor will I ever say, those silly, empty words, "if only."
I'm sensing this is a story I will hear tonight. I will wait until then to ask questions.
Post a Comment
<< Home