Monday, December 11, 2006

Random Thoughts of the Best Kind


I've been one proud Prodigy Den Mother all weekend. Thanks to Kara for sending me this picture, by the way. I miss them, I really do, but I'm very proud.
~*POOF*~
So it's finals week. How stressed is Rianna? I'm going to say not very. I had the entire weekend free, so I did most of my homework. My only commitment on Wednesday is lunch with a friend, and all I have left for studying is a non-cumulative American Gov test and a Legal Systems quiz. "Well Rianna," you must be saying, "you MUST have huge final projects due then." Nope. Well, actually that's a lie. I do have two different portfolios due, but they're done with the exception of three-hole-punching the pages and slipping them in the binders. "Well geez," you're now thinking, "She's paying a lot of money to not learn anything." Nope. I'm learning stuff. I thought about this, see. My writing has come leaps and bounds this semester, I can tell you what every major religion thinks about the use of money, I can tell you a few different ideas to fix America's poverty problem, I know how the government works, and I can tell you whether a crime is criminal, or civil, and what action you can take against the perpetrator, among other things. I'd say I learned a fair amount. "But how did you learn that stuff without a ton of homework?" I dunno. It just happened. Let's just hope next semester is the same way.
~*POOF*~
I'm officially coming back to Brainerd on Sunday, December 17, in the evening. I have no finals, but we are celebrating Christmas in Chanhassen over the weekend. Hey Sarah/Crystal! You want to go visit the high school and debate practice on Monday? Let me know, and then I'll give you guys a call when I get back.
~*POOF*~
This weekend I ate a ton of junkfood, and ate at various delis/grills all over campus. Why? Because I had $95 of declining balance left to use on my meal plan. That was Thursday, anyway. Now I think I'm down to $78 or something like that. Not to self, switch to less meals per week. It will save you money.
~*POOF*~
I hate Peer Editing Workshops.
~*POOF*~
I think that's about it. I hope everyone out there in Blogger Land is having a happy before Christmas season. Which reminds me, I should probably buy my family Christmas presents...

11 Comments:

At December 11, 2006 3:11 PM, Blogger The Clarinet Goddess said...

I'm going to be down in the cities with my family on Monday, otherwise I would. I'll be going to Debate on Thursday or Friday of that week I think...

 
At December 11, 2006 4:11 PM, Blogger Kelsi said...

I think I just read something on the scrolly bar by Paula's Place about how no Alumni or anybody else can visit the high school. That sucks.

 
At December 11, 2006 4:11 PM, Blogger Kelsi said...

Come anyway.

 
At December 11, 2006 4:23 PM, Blogger Rianna said...

Fine. If Crystal's not going, Sarah and I are coming back to "Assistant coach" the debate team, and we figured that as long as we were there, we'd say hi to some teachers. That's the story and we're sticking to it.

 
At December 11, 2006 5:48 PM, Blogger Kara said...

Well, just randomly wander in sixth hour and I'm sure no one will notice that you don't belong. I mean, I won't. And I being one of the few people who know you, obviously represent the majority of the school

 
At December 11, 2006 8:06 PM, Blogger The Clarinet Goddess said...

hmm... doesn't matter. as long as they don't know you're there, they can't kick you out. and here's the trick: I spent my time with your class... so... they all think I'm a senior this year. and those teachers that know me don't care. :D I love being a teacher's pet

 
At December 11, 2006 10:23 PM, Blogger Kara said...

I've always thought there were definite perks to it personally. And trust me, sneaking you and Sarah in: easy. Just call me and and I'll tell you my "brilliant" plan.

 
At December 12, 2006 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you want to drop in to band...

 
At December 13, 2006 9:55 AM, Blogger Elfie said...

So, I may be working Monday, but the only day I'm not working is Tuesday after my doctors appt. Anyone mention Tuesday? Didn't think so. But I think we should crash debate practice then Rianna, since I have a work schedule that I have to "work" around. I hope that didn't sound snotty. I didn't mean for it to.

 
At December 13, 2006 10:49 AM, Blogger Rianna said...

That's fine! I just can't do Thursday, because I'm going to Elizabeths to Par-tay with Amy, Danielle and Elizabeth. And by Par-tay I mean eat Oreos with Peanut Butter! I was just thinking Monday because that AP Scholar thingy is that night, isn't it? Anyway, Kara, Deebs and I are going to heckle Tay's speech.

 
At December 13, 2006 2:47 PM, Blogger Kara said...

Hey, I just wanted to heckle Tay. If we'd rather go to Debate, I really doubt Deebs will complain. But we should stop by and pick up pie before we do that. :)

Oh, Rianna, you'll miss my wonderful cookies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home