Sunday, December 03, 2006

I'm still alive, I promise.

Hello All in Blogger Land!

It's good to be back. I had an AWESOME weekend, so I feel I should share. On Saturday, I judged for the Forest Lake Debate tournament. Three words: I love judging. I judged two novice rounds, and may I say, they were adorable. Favorite quotes: "You have to vote neg because, well, she says there's a separation of church and state, but it says "In God We Trust" in the pledge of allegiance!" and "An unbiased third party should decide whether or not a person lives or dies, because they are unbiased, which means the don't have a bias because they're unbiased." Lord, I love Novi. I have also decided that I like this years new Novi. Luke and Tom are funny kids. I would have loved to coach them. My sister knows both and watched them debate a round. She thought they were amazing, and that Lincoln Douglas was boring. Oh well. Maybe Sam. JK, I love my sister dearly.
~*POOF*~
So my family came this weekend. Ariel was dropped off at the debate tournament, and then came home with me. My mom took Sam to see the Monster Trucks. He had a blast, and so did we. Let's just say that between the two of us girls, much junk food was consumed. They stayed the night in my dorm, and took me to breakfast and lunch today. After they left, I took a nap, which leads me to my next point. Please move with me to my third random thought.
~*POOF*~
My group for FYSem just left. They're good people. We spent the night "working" and listening to Les Mis tunes. It was fun. We also tried to out do each other in various kinds of musical categories. I won "cheesiest love song" with "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston, as well as "worst pop/ rap song" with "Beep" by the Pussy Cat Dolls. What can I say, I'm a random person. Best underground hip hop went to Steve. I got best foreign song, with "Major Tom" and "99 Luftballons", both in German. Jess got best synth song though. I really wanted that one...
~*POOF*~
I leave you now with a song by the person that won me "cheesiest love song ever":

4 Comments:

At December 04, 2006 6:54 AM, Blogger Kara said...

Hee! It was great to see you, darling. It had been a week and it was very sad. However, I hear that you'll be back four days earlier than originally planned so yay! We shall definitely devise fun and exciting things to do during this period.

I should post about my weekend. Hmm... Maybe tonight when I should be doing Debate things I'll do it. ;) Anyway, I should go and finish getting ready, but it was great to see you!!

 
At December 04, 2006 12:27 PM, Blogger Elfie said...

Oh, Rianna. I think those would be my two favorite quotes as well. Oh...they are so darling aren't they?

 
At December 04, 2006 11:06 PM, Blogger Rianna said...

I needed a song to cheer me up, stop laughing...

 
At December 05, 2006 7:01 PM, Blogger Sara Ann said...

Man, I miss those days. It reminds me of "Full House" and "Doug Funny," of Twistin' Tops and Skip-its... of Spandix pants, hard contacts, Primal Cellphones, and the Democratic Party. Not to meantion the rising powers of Martha Steward and Whoppi Goldberg. Those were the days, man, those were the days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home